Friday, March 11, 2016

Somebody to Love - Queen

One of the Greatest Love Songs Ever
Starting with a profound group of voices from the band declaring the heart of the song, this is easily one of the most relatable and powerful songs done by Queen. I know this song is not strictly about love, but is about pure and real intent to find love in world so full of difficulty. But I am not here to preach, let us look at the actual song. Our piano part here is very very good, it is full of soul and strength, the slow builds in the bridge, the way it carries through the verse and chorus part is one of the best, if not THE best piano part by Queen. The drums do their job of holding a steady beat, but through various different patterns which blend very well. The guitar solo that starts with copying the singing is seamless and leads the audience into the next part with grace. The best part of the song is Freddie’s voice singing with great emotion and the chorus/back up singers doing an absolutely fantastic job at bringing amazing feeling into the song throughout it all. I love how powerful the builds are near the end and the way this song professes the natural desire to love in a perfect and pure way. I hope you’ve enjoyed Queen week and I wanted to end it with a bang. I have found a great new appreciation for this beloved band, let me know what band/artist you would want me to review next.
Originality:8
Instruments:8
Vocals:10
Longevity:8
Red Score:8.5



1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize that that was a Queen song. It's great! I endorse your Red Score.

    ReplyDelete