Monday, June 12, 2017

Wolves (Album) - Rise Against

A Formula That Works
Rise Against has been one of my favorite bands for years, their first albums shaped my teenage angst and I have many stories of intense energy involving their music. However, lately I've found their music to be less impressive and just more of the same songs over and over again.

This isn't so bad though, it is nice to here the same power throughout their newest album as previous years. This is the double edged sword that most bands have to face, do they stay the same, producing good music that follows the same sound and design? Or do they change things up? Rise Against chose to keep things the same, the guitar, bass, drums and vocals are all good for sure, although it is basically what we have heard before (except the last song).

Rise Against's Wolves is a good album, every time I listen to it, I am enjoying it more and more. Song like "House on Fire," "Politics of Love," and "Miracle" stand out as my favorites so far on the album. "The Violence" and "Welcome to The Breakdown" are also great, but the rest of the album more or less fades into the largely similar library of Rise Against music.

My verdict for Wolves would be as follows, it's good, but not nearly as good as their other albums. Pick it up if you want some new lyrics to learn and love this genre with an undying passion, otherwise just check out their earlier albums The Sufferer and The Witness, Appeal To Reason or The Black Market
Originality: 6
Instruments: 7
Vocals: 8
Longevity: 5
Red Score: 6.5


No comments:

Post a Comment