Saturday, June 24, 2017

Dig Down - Muse

Getting a New and Familiar Grove
Muse is my favorite band, always has been and will be. Every new album and song so far has made me enjoy them in new ways. "Dig Down" is their newest single leading up to an album down the road. A fun and powerful anthem song that is what I've been wanting all year.

The song starts with the same style bass from the song "Madness" from two albums ago, The 2nd Law. The electronic bass that plays like a synth pad is strong and infectious, and a welcome sound with the EDM influences in most modern music. "Dig Down" is a simple song, not too many different instruments, and even the music is not all that complicated. The drums, the guitar and bass for the most part play the same notes again and again throughout. Eben though this is normally annoying in song, Muse again just makes music that I can't help but enjoy.

Matthew's singing is great as always, the lyrics are a little cheesy to honest, but that would be my only real criticism of the song. I am super cised for the new album in the coming months and am happy to see Muse back in my new music section. 

Originality: 7
Instruments: 8
Vocals: 7
Longevity: 8
Red Score: 7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment