Friday, May 13, 2016

Fn Pig - Deadmau5

The Strong Suit of a Mau5
For our last Deadmau5 song, I wanted another more heavy club/electronic song that really defines who he is and his strengths. The song may be something that most people might not enjoy, it’s sounds is a little hard on the ears at first as it builds into the main section, but it’s build is worth it. The start is nice and slow, one grand crescendo starting from silent and faint to boisterous and exploding. The rest of the song is really heavy drums and distorted bass peppered with samples and long synth pads. It is difficult to name the instruments, parts or explain them, but I will say that I like it for sure. Deadmau5 has the amazing talent to create powerful house and electronic music that is familiar and nice to listen to without being terribly repetitive or un-creative. I have scoured a number of websites and poured a huge amount of time in finding good dubstep/electronica music and I can safely say I’ve listen to at least 1000 different electronic songs in the past 2 years. After all of those songs, Deadmau5 and his ability to write still amazes me, he truly is in a league of his own. For those who like this music, I hope you found a fun new song and for those who never listen to this stuff, give it a try and try to like it, it really has potential and isn’t garble.
Originality:8
Instruments:8
Vocals:---
Longevity:6
Red Score:7.3


No comments:

Post a Comment