Monday, March 14, 2016

Her Majesty's Royal Army - RJD2

The Beat Blender of Glory
I am putting a disclaimer on this song now, it is very different, it may seem like noise and garble, but give it a chance and focus the on the songs percussion and many beats, and I think it will grow on you. RJD2 is a powerful hip-hop/rap artist, he has been producing music for years and started his own label. After years of making music, I can’t believe I had never heard of him until two or three years ago. This song is very very technically good. I am amazed how well he can mix 3 or more percussion parts at a time throughout the whole song. I am gonna split the song into 2 parts, the faster part that starts the song, the Call, and the slower bridging section, the Response. The Call is fast, sporadic and changes around, mixing instruments and various samples and electronic beat parts. The Response is more melodic and the smoother personality of the song. I love the sound bits, the voice at the end saying buy, sell, sold and the constantly changing parts of the songs. A great piece to dance to, drive to, or do anything with an intense nature. It isn’t for everyone, that’s for sure, but I hope you can find a place to enjoy and appreciate his skill as an artist.
Originality:8
Instruments:8
Vocals:---
Longevity:7

Redscore:7.7



No comments:

Post a Comment