Thursday, February 18, 2016

Staying Alive - Bee Gees

Far More Than Just A Fever On Saturday Night
When we all hear this song, all we can think of is head bobbing and John Travolta. But after listening to it a few times, and picking apart song, I see how really amazing that song is. The song has rhythm, great singing, and excellent writing. Starting with our singers, the Bee Gees have no equivalent. Their voices are very unique and they are extremely talented. The style is very much from the 70’s, but for nostalgic reasons and more, it's very satisfying. I mostly want to focus on the instruments though, there are a great deal of them, and each one is surprisingly good. The baseline is profound and strong throughout the whole song. The synth strings are unique and flurried throughout the song. The drums bring a fast and a good beat that no one can not tap your foot two. The guitars are solid and interesting. What surprised me the most, every time I listen to it now, is the way the song keeps great energy and power throughout the length of the song. I love 50’s and 60’s music, and I absolutely love the 80's, but the 70’s never really did it for me. But the Bee Gees might be my new wait to get into that era and really enjoying it.
Originality:8
Instruments:8
Vocals:9
Longevity:8
Red Score:8.25


No comments:

Post a Comment